A consistent commitment.
Although Horizons is primarily a summer program, year-round programming extends our commitment to our families and strengthens the bonds in our Horizons at SFFS community. Each year, Horizons students and families reconnect at six events. Past programming has included:
- Family Science and Literacy days where parents and students participate in hands-on learning together
- A workshop for parents about saving for college
- A family field trip to experience hands-on environmental learning at Slide Ranch
- Math games and art activities for students
- A workshop for parents about adverse childhood experiences and developing resilience
- A free family "book swap" in partnership with the San Francisco Friends School